Open Government Material
The District is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the FOIA Officer.
- Agency Open Government Report [PDF]
- Public Employee Salary Information (Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two).
- Administrative Staff Manuals, Policies and Procedures
- Final opinions made in the adjudication of cases
- OCME Statement of Policy
- Rights of the Public - For information on obtaining Death Certificates visit the Department of Health, For more information on the Board of Funeral Directors.
- OCME Organizational Chart
- OCME's FY19 Budget
- P-Card Transactions
- Procurements and Payments
- OCME Performance Plans
- Minutes of Public Meetings - The meetings for the CRFC, DDFR, or DVFR are closed to the public. All other meeting minutes can be found at the Board of Ethics and Government Accountability website.
- Government Property Search (DGS) and Building Permits (DGS)
- Frequently Requested Public Records
- OCME Surveillance Reports
- Distict-wide FOIA Reports
- Submit feedback using "Ask the Chief Medical Examiner"
If you cannot find the information you are looking for here or elsewhere on DC.gov you can submit a FOIA request online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. Requests may also be submitted by mail, fax, or email. However, please note that FOIA requests submitted online will be easier to track and process.
To understand the process before making a request, please see foia.dc.gov.
The FOIA Officer is the principal contact point within The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner’s FOIA Officer’s information is listed below.
Washington, DC 20024
[PDF] This document is presented in Portable Document Format (PDF). A PDF reader is required for viewing. Download a PDF Reader or learn more about PDFs.