Funeral Homes and Hospitals ONLY
On-line Payment Process for Cremation, Anatomical Donation or Burial at Sea Request
No Credits or Refunds can be issued using this payment system. Please check your records before submitting your online payment.
Once you complete the online payment process, you can either fax the death certificate to the Identification Unit at (202) 698-9100 for any request type, or if the Death Certificate has been signed electronically you can opt to process your Cremation, or Anatomical Donation request ONLY via the Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS).
For instructions on how to make an electronic Cremation, or Anatomical Donation Request please contact Vital Records via e-mail at [email protected] or via phone at (202) 442-9312.
- Please note that this system is non-refundable and no credits can be issued.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your request.
- The turn-around time to process a Cremation, Anatomical Donation or Burial at Sea request is 24 hours.
- Please call the Identification Unit to obtain status updates at (202) 698-9000.
- You can only process one payment for a request at a time.
Checks are still accepted as a form of payment. Please make your check out to the DC Treasurer, bring the check and a copy of the death certificate to our facility and the process for your request will begin.